• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone have a Skinner Peep sight?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbhg

40 Cal.
Reaction score
http://www.skinnersights.com/barrel_mount_6.html
The price seems very reasonable, quality looks good, the PC question is wearing off. I'm getting to the point of, Wanting to see the sights clear all the time instead of just when there is bright sun.
I think this sight w/ a fiberoptic front would do for a good hunting/target sight w/o looking large and bulky.
The gun is a Pedersoli "sorta"Jaeger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have it, but you got my full attention. Thanks for the link. Peep sights are key for my creaky old eyes, meaning the difference between shooting straight or merely looking perty for my friends.

I will say this:

I've experimented with this fixed "peep" sight dovetailed to fit the barrel and available from TOW. With the sight so far down the barrel rather than back on the tang, aperture size was all wrong for me. I gave it to a friend, and it was just right for him. I see that TOW now offers one with another aperture size, so that's interesting.

Only thing I might suggest to save a few bucks is to try the TOW sight for $7. If it works for you, then you have an idea of aperture size to order from Skinner. If the aperture is wrong, you know whether to order bigger or smaller from Skinner. If you're not happy at all you can save the $48 for the Skinner sight.

Keep us posted if you buy it. I've got some guns that just won't let me tang mount a peep, yet the TOW sight doesn't work for my eyes.

I just put one on a Marlin 336c. Put on a new front sight too. I like them alot. Shot a deer with them a few days after installing them. Tim Skinner is also very responsive to any questions you may have.
I have the primitive rear sight on my GPR and find it has an excellent sight picture. Never thought about a peep on it.

There is at least one peep that at least looks PC. Muzzleloader Builders Suppy used to have them.

picserve_640x480-1.jpg

Looks like they still sell them. And they would be a bit more appropriate. I am just trying to figure if they are adjustable for elevation.

I've made a peep sight that acts as a third sight to focus your eyes on the existing sights. I could email you a photo if you PM me your email. I am still having problems with the photobucket thing.

I have them on three differant muzzleloaders. They are great, but NOT adjustable for windage or elevation. Have to use front sight to drift/file. Need to start with a a HIGH front.

I have a TC hunting tang sight on my not so traditional TC Grey Hawk. Combined with the green fiber optic front sight, everyone who tries it raves about the sight picture.

I've not yet gone to a FO front on my flinter, but did have a TOW barrel peep monuted on the tang beside the hammer. The sight picture wasn't as crisp as I would have liked so put a buckhorn in there instead, and dehorned it. Believe it or not, the narrow notch works very well with a silver blade front.

Everybody's eyes are different, so you have to try and see what works for you.

Back