• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone Have Instructions For A T/C Tang Peep?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampthang

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm trying to put one on my Hawken and I'm missing the instructions. I know that I have to use the rear hole and drill and tap the front hole with a 29 drill and 8/32 tap.

I tried T/C but they told me they no longer have the instructions for them. Can anyone scan and send me a copy?

P1010007.jpg

I find the best position for t/c hunter peep is about 1/2 back from the front tang screw.The rear screw if used that is already there you will find you will have to dig your check into the stock before your eye will center the front sight in the circle of the peep.I have a set of instruction but my scanner is down.I can say if you have a drill press small table vise that all is need and a set of vise grips to clamp the peep tang to the tang mark and drill the first hole and tap and then install the first screw and then mark and complete the second screw that it :thumbsup:

I traded for a Renegade that had a peep already mounted. The rear hole on the sight is mated to the rear hole of the tang and another hole was drilled for the front hole in the sight (IIRC this is the way TC used to advise to mount them). I don't find that position to be any problem for me.

Swampthang said:
I'm trying to put one on my Hawken and I'm missing the instructions. I know that I have to use the rear hole and drill and tap the front hole with a 29 drill and 8/32 tap.

I tried T/C but they told me they no longer have the instructions for them. Can anyone scan and send me a copy?
It sounds like all you need then is the precise location for the hole...I may have an early style tang with the predrilled hole like they all used to come...I can give you a precise hole center to center measurement for you to drill & tap the forward peep mounting hole if you like

Does anybody know if the Lyman tang is interchangeable with the T/C?
I have two spare Lyman tangs that are pre drilled and tapped for a peep.
If they are compatible with both rifle and sight I will gladly send one to lonewolf for free.

HD

Huntin Dawg said:
Does anybody know if the Lyman tang is interchangeable with the T/C?
I have two spare Lyman tangs that are pre drilled and tapped for a peep.
If they are compatible with both rifle and sight I will gladly send one to lonewolf for free.

HD
I think Lyman copied most everything else of TC's so I'd assume the tang is the same as well :grin:

How about a CVA Mountain rifle? I think my neighbor needs all the help he can get. He rushes his shots and I can't get through to him to take his time.

Thanks,

Billy

I can tell you that the CVA tang is completely different. It is very short. I doubt that you could fit a peep to it...

Got a scanned copy of the instructions via email today. Thanks again Brik847. They say nothing about using the rear hole though.

There anyone that has one on a Hawken that can tell me where they put their's?

I have the #7194 T/C sight, which came with two screws. It is listed as fitting the Hawken, Renegade, Big Boar, White Mtn. Carbine, and Penn. Hunter. The instructions say:
"Hunting Style Tang Peep Sights require the drilling of either one or two additional holes in the tang for mounting. For the White Mountain Carbine and Pennsylvania Hunter models, two additional holes must be drilled and tapped.
Place the sight midway between the front and rear tang screws, then center the sight side to side on the tang. Use a prick punch to mark the front hole only. Use a #29 drill and an 8-32 tap to thread the hole after it has been drilled. Once the front screw has been secured, then mark the rear screw hole; drill and tap.
For other traditional T/C side locks, it will only be necessary to drill and tap the front hole. The back hole uses the existing rear tang screw found in the rifle. Once secured, with the rear tang screw (and aligned side to side on the tang), mark the front screw location with a prick punch - use a #29 drill to drill the hole, and a 8-32 thread tap."
So, as you can see from T/C's own instructions, for the Hawken, Renegade,and Big Boar, you use the existing rear tang screw, and dill and tap for the forward hole.

Larry

I guess I don't understand this (why, if the sight base is mounted lower and farther back, you would have to dig your cheek deeper into the stock). In order to hit a particular target, the aperture would have to be a certain height regardless of where the base it is attached to is mounted.
Larry

The mounting for the Lyman 57 is the same. I mounted it back and drilled and tapped the front on three rifles. It is very comfortable and they shoot very well. Ron

ldykeman said:
I have the #7194 T/C sight, which came with two screws. It is listed as fitting the Hawken, Renegade, Big Boar, White Mtn. Carbine, and Penn. Hunter. The instructions say:
"Hunting Style Tang Peep Sights require the drilling of either one or two additional holes in the tang for mounting. For the White Mountain Carbine and Pennsylvania Hunter models, two additional holes must be drilled and tapped.
Place the sight midway between the front and rear tang screws, then center the sight side to side on the tang. Use a prick punch to mark the front hole only. Use a #29 drill and an 8-32 tap to thread the hole after it has been drilled. Once the front screw has been secured, then mark the rear screw hole; drill and tap.
For other traditional T/C side locks, it will only be necessary to drill and tap the front hole. The back hole uses the existing rear tang screw found in the rifle. Once secured, with the rear tang screw (and aligned side to side on the tang), mark the front screw location with a prick punch - use a #29 drill to drill the hole, and a 8-32 thread tap."
So, as you can see from T/C's own instructions, for the Hawken, Renegade,and Big Boar, you use the existing rear tang screw, and dill and tap for the forward hole.

Larry
Does anybody know what category the Firestorm would fall under??

Latest posts

Back