• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone Here Going to Charleston???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiltiemon

36 Cal.
Reaction score
42nd Regiment of Foot...

The above "Subject" says it all!

Hope to see you there!!! ::

Jim

For Moultrie on the weekend of May 14 - 15?

Too bad we will be leaving our cavalry behind for this one, but our infantry and artillery will be there in force.
We'll answer your every shot. Uh, you guys in the musician uniforms do have canon, don't you? Wouldn't be sporting if you had no big toys to touch off in return. <BG>

CS

Mine Arse on a Bandbox... Such Impudence!!!

"For Moultrie", Indeed! (leave it to the Jonathans to name a mudpile after a "Willie") :shocking:

For King and Country, it is.

Indeed! For the Protection and Order of British Rule from the tip of East Florida to the Borders of Virginia!

You Sir, and all your little "doodle" scamps, shall be truely amazed at the decisiveness of English action. First... We shall MOCK you!!! If you do you not then, show your heels in proper respect, We shall MOCK you Again!!! ::

Do you, Sir, mistake us for Musicians as we make such sweet music with your local Carolinian Doxies? There'll be nae mutton far the like o' ye when the ladys see the weapons we pack under our plaidies for indeed, We Scots do carry "big toys" which the ladys may touch off at their pleasure!

Should, however, the more sage of you gain control over your rebellious contanences of the evening, do you repair to the area of the 42nd Regt of Foot, Lt Colonel's Coy. (A tin cup waved on the end of a stick should do to signify your peaceful intentions, no white flags needed among good folk!) I will personally have some good jamaican (do nae gi' your hopes sae high, I'm talkin' Rum here!)with which tae toast the Brave Men who preceeded us 225 years ago in the Reign of His Majesty and your Virginian ah..."Prince", then we shall proceed to get bloody Pi$$ed enough for you lads to sing "God Save the King"

I'm driving up from S. Fla., so will leave early Thursday, register, find board with a family near by and establish canvas residence Friday morning. This should give enough time to look around with camera in hand and be a "tourist", though I'd really like to have a full week to poke about. It's a beautiful city (even under the rule of you rabble!) :winking:

Have a safe drive!

Jim aka kiltiemon (Oh, our Dear Captain wishes to have you Jonathans put numbers on the soles of your shoes... He suggests that if any official "photographers" (whatever THAT is) are present it would make rebel identification much easier and therefore commemerative photos so much more meaningful!!!) :imo: :: Don't forget the Cup :thumbsup:

I look forward to our meting -- or would that be meeting?

However, I suggest you land in Savannah and walk as tis the only way you will press past our big guns.

I am of the 2nd South Carolina and we'll stand our ground --uh, err sand with our palmetto logs and dare any Union Jack to pass.

Seriously, it would be good to meet a fellow forum member at an event.

CrackStock

You lucky devils. I'm stuck here on the opposite and non-historical side o' the Continent.

BTW, the Charleston City Museum has an early Nock Volley Gun on display. It was a secret weapon of the RN.

You could always run up to the Enumclaw, WA area for the huge annual show. There are a lot of other events out that way.

CS

Oh well, crossed signals here! There were two events in the Charleston area this weekend. One in which a bunch of felloes in red jackets were eaten by mosquitoes in the rain and heat. The other was where Continentals fired canon over the water in a cool breeze which eliminated any offending insects. The only rain was a bit of the salt spray when one ventured too near the water. You might not have liked it what with the young ladies in the non period correct bikinis and all...

:thumbsup:

Sorry to have missed you though.

YMHS,
CrackStock

Back