• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone Shooting a Green Mountain IBS on their T/C?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shooting a 32" Grn Mtn .58 1:70" twist on my Renegade. It dropped right in. I was very impressed with its accuracy.

sidelock said:
What does IBS stand for? Lots of luck. :hatsoff:

I would imagine IBS probably means something like "Interchangeble Barrel System" or some such thing.. I shoot a GM 50 cal 32 inch, slow twist, 1 in 66 in my Renegade and I like it very well thank you! :thumbsup:

Davy

Greetings Davy,

If I may make a correction to your GM staement. Your GM 50 caliber barrel has 1-70" rifling twist.

The 1-70" twist is standard for GM RB barrels. 45 caliber and up.

The 1-48' is used for 40 caliber and smaller, with 45 caliber in either 1-70" OR 1-48".

Best regards and good shooting (with your 1-70" rifled 50 caliber barrel),

John L. Hinnant

glazer1972 said:
I'm shooting a 32" Grn Mtn .58 1:70" twist on my Renegade. It dropped right in. I was very impressed with its accuracy.

Same here...got a .58cal Flint drop in a couple years ago...extremely accurate barrel.

sidelock said:
What does IBS stand for? Lots of luck. :hatsoff:

Davy has it right...Interchangeable Barrel System...they also make some calibers of their drop in barrels with a fast 1:28" twist, not just 1:48" and 1:70".

Hey Roundball, will a IBS GM barrel fit on a T/C white mountain carbine, I am thinking of a .40 caliber just for targets??

whitetaildg said:
Hey Roundball, will a IBS GM barrel fit on a T/C white mountain carbine, I am thinking of a .40 caliber just for targets??

:hmm:...don't know about that one...I think GM advertises their "drop-in" barrels to be made for the Renegade and Hawken...don't think they make them for other models...you could call the GM # on their website and ask "Kerry".

If they don't make one for the WMC, then the question would be: Will a Renegade or Hawken barrel drop into a WMC...most of me says no, but somebody will see this and clarify.

Worse case, call TC's Fox Ridge store at 800-243-4570, option #3, speak to Ms. Rae DesRosiers and ask her...she'll either know or help you find out.

According to my charts on the Green Mountain IBS barrels.. the T/C White Mountian Carbine can get only one barrel; #910115 which is a .50 caliber 21" 1-28 twist blued barrel...

Hope this helps.

This is an interesting thread for me as it's something I've been thinking of doing. Just hit the big "50" so maybe I'm getting weak minded but I'm a bit bored standing on the line with a flinter and thought maybe some cross stick shooting at further distances might be nice for a change. I'm inclined to get a .54 fast twist barrel from GM and shoot conicals. Of those who are using this system what types of distances are you shooting, along with results and loads used? Need details!! Thanks..squint

hello all,
great thread... i would like to ask:
is a .45cal. w/ 1-60 (rd.ball bbl.) more accuate
with target loads of powder, than the std.1-48?

and what is gained or lost between the different
lengths of .40cal. drop-ins, 32" vs. 38" ?
all this for my TC hawken.

thanks in advance, from the new guy, gordie

Back