• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone still huntin notice a big change this week?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down here,we had more Acorns that I've seen in years.There was a good rain about a week ago and all the creeks were up.The water washed away most of the leaves and exposed tens of thousands of Acorns.I don't know why I didn't take a few pictures :hmm:

When I lived in Ga there were always plenty of deer. But here in Va this is the second year I haven't even seen a buck. Saw ONE doe on a buck-only day.

Unfortunately, my hunting grounds are very limited. If the deer aren't there I'm hoping for some interlopers to come straggling through. There is a lot of sign that they have been through, but probably during non-hunting hours. My other dilemna is that there are more houses going up in the area and I'll likely be squeezed out in the next few years. If that happens I'll be headed back up to my homestate of Wisconsin hunting with others toting cf rifles.

Welp don't matter anymore anyway as my hunting has come to close...only archery open now and its finally gotten cold here so I think I'll stay in here close to the fire. :haha: Would have been nice to have taken three with the smoothbore but I'll settle with two with no complaints as I did see and pass up a pile of deer this year. :thumbsup:

Here in north MS, I did notice quite a slowdown in mid december, just not a lot of movement. Our temps went Up to mid 60's with quite a bit of rain, has really been mild and warm and wet since then. Makes me wonder if the rut might have come earlier this year. Probably try last part of this month for ML season.
Jeff

Here in north MS, I did notice quite a slowdown in mid december, just not a lot of movement. Our temps went Up to mid 60's with quite a bit of rain, has really been mild and warm and wet since then. Makes me wonder if the rut might have come earlier this year. Probably try last part of this month for ML season.
Jeff

Connecticut in my area was tragic. No snow and all deer in peoples' gardens. I spent a lot of time in the woods and absolutely no signs past october. Out of my 11 or so hunting buddies, only two got something small and the rest along with me........ few squirrels. No deer. No deer poop. No deer scrapes. No deer meat. No deer hunter happy. :idunno:
Weather is nuts this year.

Back