• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Arrived!! British Sea Service Pistol from Loyalist Arms!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The British Sea Service Pistol I ordered from Loyalist Arms back in early March has finally arrived. It was sent in two shipments: one with stock and barrel and the other with lock and belt clip. No explanation why. I presume it has something to do with export/import convenience. Both packaged extremely well and arrived 100% intact. The second shipment also included instructions on how to "proof" the pistol. It hasn't been test-fired, so I guess it's up to the end user to make sure the pistol won't blow up. They even included one ball to do that. Hah!! Not something Pedersoli would do, I don't imagine.

First impressions: the finish is rather dull and opaque and screams for some light refinishing and certainly some hand-rubbed oil. I can't tell what the wood is like until I get into that. The lock seems rather nice and robust and the springs seem nicely balanced. The cock engages and releases nicely. The trigger has the appropriate amount of play at full cock. The flint is stiking the frizzen rather high but I think flipping the flint should be enough to remedy that. Included is a nice flint that looks to be a French flint. Some of the inletting leaves something to be desired, but not material to function, not noticeable at a casual glance, and anyway, I might be able to remediate that to some degree when refinishing. The bore looks nice and smooth, though I might do some additional polish. Finally, this gun is lighter in weight than I thought it would be.

This is not a factory-finished production gun ready to be shot, but it's a giant step up from a kit. So, I'd classify it as a simple project gun, perfect for the upcoming weekend.

And looking forward to being shot. But first, awaiting an order of some .600 balls from Track of the Wolf.

A long wait, but looks to be worth it. And satisfied with Loyalist Arms as vendor. Linda Higgins is your contact at Loyalist if you have any questions about their offerings.

seaserv_1.JPG

seaserv_2.JPG

seaserv_3.JPG

seaserv_4.JPG

Last edited:
Back