• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Attacked While Hunting!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was violated by a Goshawk during spring turkey in Pa.The hawk flew into the back of my head forcing me to the ground and my knit jeep cap stuck to his talons as it flew away.My hat dropped when the bird lit in a tree.I retreated from the area while the bird made several more attempts to violate me.Apparently I got to close to the nest.randy.p

I was going through a corn field in early muzzle loading season wearing a blaze orange beenie when a small hawk came out of the wood line heading right for my head. It dawned on me he must have been after that hat so I grabbed it off my head when he was about 50 yards away from me. I'll never forget the way he tried to be like a hummingbird and stop in mid-flight! He flew back to a tree in the wood line and screamed at me. Probably a good thing I don't understand hawk language!

Not an attack on me, but while hunting this fall I watched an encounter that I never witnessed before. While seated against a tree I watched a red-tail land in a tree about 20 yards away from me, fairly large bird too. He was intently staring at the ground below him, after about 3 or 4 minutes he basically fell out of the tree straight down to the ground, and just before he hit he flapped his wings twice and landed feet first. He started pecking at something and hopped about for a minute or two and flew off with a three foot blacksnake in his talons, looked like a piece of black garden hose hanging limp below him. He flew right in front of me as if to say " see how that's done ". It kinda startled me with the temperature being that cold that a snake would be out and about. Like you all have said, it's priceless being out in the wild.

Some 30 years back, I was with a friend in the North of Holland, in a natural reserve where deer and wild boar were to been found. After a long hike, we finaly saw two or three wild boar about a 100 yards away ... We very carefully went down on our bellies and watched these animals in silence through our binoculars. Suddenly we heard some noice in the leaves and branches behind us. A whole bunch of about ten to 15 wild boar sneeked up on us just 20 yards away ... We very carefully got up and moved out :redface: :shocked2: They really had the drop on us! :surrender:

Back