• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Austin & Halleck? What do we know of them?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Gents, Anyone know of a Austin and Halleck Flint lock rifle? What quality are we looking at here? Seems like a decent price range, and I like the buckhorn rear sight. Seems like a good choice for those like me that has focus problems with sights down the barrel”¦”¦ :hmm:

They are nice looking and reasonably priced. They are made in Spain, just like CVA.

I have a flint Mt. Rifle and I LOVE it. the barrel(not the entire gun) is made in spain but it's a very high quality barrel. I have the Fancy stock on my rifle and it's some of the nicest maple I've ever seen in a plainer grade maple. I like the brown finish too. The lock sparks and gun fires 100%, never had a mis-fire at all. Hits where I aim it, I'd say for the money it's a heck of a value.

Do a search of this forum, there have been several discussions on this rifle in the past. Mixed reviews from many but, overall the majority say as others have here, it is a pretty good rifle for the money. My suggestion is not to buy one sight unseen, or if you have to, ensure that where you buy it from has a sound return policy. This just in case you get a lemon.

I agree with J.R., check the rifle out first hand. I have one in Flint, and love it, but have had a few issues with it. I also have a Lyman Deerstalker in percussion, and think the fit and finish is better than the Austin and Halleck.

Back