• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Availability of build kits?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doenut

32 Cal
Reaction score
Noticed it's virtually impossible to find traditions or investarm build kits these days. I'm assuming this is associated with supply chain issues etc. But not quite sure. Anyone have info on this issue - or opinions? And, to clarify looking for Hawken models....

Yes, Traditions told me a few months ago they would be shipping more in 6 to 8 weeks, but really wasn't to confident in their reply. Check some of the smaller retailers, like Deercreek Products and others. I found a Hawken kit at 3 Rivers Archery of all places, right before Christmas, and the price was better than most big label retailers. I found them buried on the 4th page of a Google search.

Yes, Traditions told me a few months ago they would be shipping more in 6 to 8 weeks, but really wasn't to confident in their reply. Check some of the smaller retailers, like Deercreek Products and others. I found a Hawken kit at 3 Rivers Archery of all places, right before Christmas, and the price was better than most big label retailers. I found them buried on the 4th page of a Google search.
That was helpful. Still looking for the Investarm Gemmer in 54 cal. But may need to break down and go with what's available. Thanks

I spoke with Traditions about 3 weeks ago noting that they, as well as Deer Creek had almost NO kits available. Traditions said they had one container they were hoping to get through customs early June, and another container arriving sometime about now.
Maybe contact Traditions by phone and stay updated on what is coming in and when - and be the first to order the model you want before they all go into distribution.

Back