• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

B grade Kiblers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Working on another Kibler, my fifth a .58.
The last 3 I have put together have all come from the “B” grade, ready to ship page. The last one. a cherry fowler, had a place they had filled and after I finished it I couldn’t find where it was at. This one had 3 little eyes in the stock that I think look sweet. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This is with 5 coats of chamber’s oil. I will start applying Tru-oil tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpeg
    IMG_0686.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0688.jpeg
    IMG_0688.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Jim's "B" grades are the good stuff with a slight defect. People complain if they don't get a perfect stock so he doesn't ship them. The slight defects get discounted to "B" grade. That's where the better prices show up. I would take a less than perfect stock to save the shipping and sometimes more.

Last edited:
I don’t set out to be a contrarian but I’m naturally attracted to things that are a little different or unusual.

I can’t remember the exact rifle or poster but someone on here once put up a kibler second in cherry or pear wood or similar and I remember thinking it was one of the most striking guns I’d ever seen.

If I ever was to do a kibler I’d be chasing up his alternative woods, no fancy maple for me.

What’s the price difference between a B grade and others in the same rifle/caliber?
It depends upon what the defect is.
My cherry stocked fowler had "sap stains" on the left side by the buttplate, but the grain is beautiful and runs through the wrist.
It was discounted $50, but the added benefit was that I skipped to the head of the line!

It depends upon what the defect is.
My cherry stocked fowler had "sap stains" on the left side by the buttplate, but the grain is beautiful and runs through the wrist.
It was discounted $50, but the added benefit was that I skipped to the head of the line!
I checked out his web page. I think I saw photos of yours still up on his site! It was labeled as sold. I liked the unique look it presented!!

I don’t set out to be a contrarian but I’m naturally attracted to things that are a little different or unusual.

I can’t remember the exact rifle or poster but someone on here once put up a kibler second in cherry or pear wood or similar and I remember thinking it was one of the most striking guns I’d ever seen.

If I ever was to do a kibler I’d be chasing up his alternative woods, no fancy maple for me.
He had a rack of ash stocks during his open house. Sometimes you just have to ask what other wood he has in stock

Don't avoid ready to ship "B" grade paCKAGES, JUST READ WHAT THE DEFECT IS AND PURCHASE WHAT YOU CAN Handle. I have done two SMRs one was ordered Extra Fancy the other was a "B" grade ready to ship with stains at the toe. Both are beautiful

Latest posts

Back