• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

baby wipes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36ball

32 Cal.
Reaction score
want to try a good between shot cleaning patch try baby wipes :redface:

They work really well for cleaning muzzleloaders. In the field the are excellent for other things too. :winking: I rarely hunt without them.

I believe it. I've been carrying a small pack in my haversack for cleaning up after dressing a deer or answering nature's call (Boy! Do they beat a handful of moldy or frozen leaves hands down!) I was a bit embarassed to admit this until I learned the Army Rangers do the same. :rotf: They're great for removing paint or fouling from your hands, too.

Not for the purest rendezvous or reenactment, but certainly a sweet luxury in the field.

Baby wipes worked great the first day of deer hunting. Then the temp started topping out in the teens. They froze solid and stayed as a frozen lump. Thawed them out by the fire at night but they turned to mush. Had to turn to the Minnesota substitute--bark from the paper birch.

I use baby wipes for all kinds of things. They make it easy for a quick bath even in winter. I have and alcohol stove (cotton balls in a small cookie tin) that I light in my floorless pyramid tent. It warms the place up like an oven. After a quick wipe down, I feel like a million dollars.
I use baby wipes it to field clean my gun.
They are also great when doing food prep.

Regards
Wounded Knee

We have a little one on the way so I will have many to use for the ML and the baby.Oh no here comes diaper duty :haha:

I hunt in the U.P. where it often gets cold during deer season. I carry a small handi pack or stack of wipes in a zip-loc bag in an inside pocket. This keeps them from freezing and ready for use when needed.

CROWHOP said:
We have a little one on the way so I will have many to use for the ML and the baby. :haha:

Just make sure they don't get used on the baby first!! :rotf:

baby wipes sure came in handy in Iraq. Picks up dirt pretty good. I avoided the wipes w/ aloe in it because of the film it leaves behind. :hmm: Now I clean the outside of all my firearms w/ baby wipes. It's hard to break a habit :grin:

No Deer said:
CROWHOP said:
We have a little one on the way so I will have many to use for the ML and the baby. :haha:

Just make sure they don't get used on the baby first!! :rotf:

Talk about ball lube! :redface: :rotf:

Davy

I use the throw away wipes that you buy for floor mop heads as pull throughs for my .44 Rem. I cut then in 3 and they are just the right size.I sprinkle some car screen wash on them and pull through after each cylinder.
I use a spray of WD40 to clean my hands of any dirt/oil/grease etc. It works in any temperature and won't dry out in the summer.

Duncan

Baby wipes are exellent and they are a main stay at the camp. when it is fall or winter the water is not working so you have only the water you bring up or what you melt from snow. We have an indoors toilet with a very small septic system so we have a rule that the first wipe (with tp) goes down the drain the rest goes in a paper lined basket under the sink. those wipes make you feel fresh and smell better for the whole week if need be.

Been using them for about 15 years.

Oh ya the paper is burned in the woodstove so we never smell it. we just put a new paper bag in whenever needed.

I just started using baby wipes on my new grandson , born on 4th of july . They work great on his backside but I have a problem with them drying out . Every time I pull one from the box it's dry soI have to pull 2 or 3 out to get to the wet ones . Do any of you have this problem or do you just use them dry ?

talk the mrs. into using cloth diapers. they make the best, softest shop rags you will ever own. :thumbsup:

Hey BP Junky.,,

Just add a little water on top - wet again- no problem till they dry up alittle again- add a little more water again--no problem- next

If they are drying out, store the box
upside down. The liquid will migrate
easier to the open end. I found out that
they are available in both paper and cloth.
The cloth seems to last longer when being
carried in the field...

regards
Wrongpaw

Back