• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back from our journey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJR

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well the old lady and I made it back the other day, you guys were sure busy in the forum. Took me 5 hours to get through all the new posts. We went through Ind., Ill., Missouri, Iowa, then back home. Hit a bunch of antique stores and gun shops along the way bouncing from small town to small town. Went to the Jefferson Expansion Museum is St. Louis to see the L & C exhibit. Wasn't worth the time or trouble to stop and see. A couple muzzleloaders, a powder horn, a few utensils and writing on the wall, crammed into a little 8 X 16 storage room. All the information I saw there you could have gotten out of a fourth grade history book. Very dissapointing. Wouldn't have drove accross town to seen it, let alone 600+ miles. The rest of the trip was fine though, five days bouncing around, going in the direction the wife pointed. Saw a lot of nice country and met a lot of nice folks. Enjoyable and relaxing. If you ever get the chance to do it, it's worth it. Take care, Rick.

quote:Originally posted by DEADDAWG:
The rest of the trip was fine though, five days bouncing around, going in the direction the wife pointed. Most women I know can point in more than one direction at the same time...
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Glad you enjoyed yourselves...

Glad to have ye back and glad ye enjoyed yerselves.
Next time ye get a hankerin to take one o them vacations ye might want ta try what me and the Mrs do.
We have pre registered rooms fer each nite. She drives her car on the superslabs 'n I drives mine on the backroads. Ta her it's jus the gettin thar and shoppen around. Ta me it's goin' easy an seein' the small places an stoppen ta meet folks an nosein' round the small old time stores. The best part o it is I don't have ta get her OK when I turn down some small dusty road that looks interestin on the map!
I larned o this method whan I was a ridin' ma motorcycle an' thin its the best way to really see the country.
Anyway, Welcome back ta tha fire.

Yea 'zonie, the old lady and I like wandering the same way you do. She watches the map as I drive and all of a sudden she'll say "hey, there's a small town down this way, let's see what's there!" and away we go. Never know where we'll end up, and a few times have had a hard time finding my way out, but that's what keeps life interesting. Take care, Rick.

If you really like to wander, put together some real live wandering equipment. I have a laptop that runs on a hard wired inverter and sits on a pedestal in the truck. I run Delorme with their GPS attached. Wandering is good when you know where you are. I just got back from Virginia and I can say that I covered the area from Richmond to Virginia Beach like a blanket. Saw the Upper Neck, Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg and then went down to Nags Head in N.C. and Kill Devil Hill

Latest posts

Back