• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back in the game

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onausable

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been absent from muzzleloading for sometime but I've decided to get back in the game. I'm looking for a squirrel rifle, .36 cal and here is the kicker...left hand. I'm interested in your input. I don't have time to build so this rifle will have to be "out of the box". I'm willing to consider a used gun as well. I've set a budget of no more than $600. What should I look for? Thanks to all in advance.

I think Traditions makes one called the Crockett,but i dont know if thet make it in left handed or not.You might look in Dixie Gun Works catalogue,they may have others.

Jess said:
I think Traditions makes one called the Crockett,but i dont know if thet make it in left handed or not.You might look in Dixie Gun Works catalogue,they may have others.
The Dixie was the only left-hander I could think of and checking their catalog I see they no longer list the squirrel rifle, only the .50 caliber Tennessee Mtn Rifle. The Crockett is a .32 and right hand only. Life is challenging for the south-paw types, the traditional ML market is small enough and no one wants to cater to only 10% of that small market. Sorry-- :(

I have the Dixie Tennessee Mountain rifle in a lefty version. As far as I have been able to determine the squirrel rifle was only made in right hand. Looks like I may have to spend a bit more money and have one built or play a waiting game and see if something comes to market.

Howdy!

I shoot rifles left-handed as well. I've got a .50 Traditions Kentucky right hander and have no problems at all. Every once in a while get some hot cap or powder residue on the inner right forearm, but that's about it.

Now my flint rifle is a lefty :winking:

James

Back