• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Back to the tradition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Eastern Washington. I've managed to tag a buck the last three years with both my percussion and flintlock GPR from the ground just stalking. I'm convinced you can bag a deer anywhere without resorting to bait and never use it myself. Just last week I was prescouting for elk and walked within 20 yards from a cow elk with brown "street" clothes on. I'll try to repeat that this tue, wed or thurs and fill that tag..lol..Again I too enjoy hunting deer without camo but have no problems with those that buy all the gadgets and camo gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with most posted here! However if someone is hunting with a traditional rifle I can forgive camo and cover scent. My self I crush Juniper and hunt from ground stands but to each his own. Here in Texas feeding corn is going on every where. With the lease system we have it can be dagerous on small ranches to walk and stalk!

I love the comment about a bear mounted with his head in a trash can! I saw one mounted once that probably didn't weigh 60 pounds when alive. The guy got hot when I asked why he mounted a cub. Geo. T.

Common sense. Use the wind, use acorns or pine tree branch on your cloths. Whatever is in your area. Not so much as to cover your scent but the fresh smell of crushed acorns going into the air is like the dinner bell. Deer thinks it could have one more snack. lol. Now they have this crazy thing called an ozone machine. If you got all the stuff they show you would be unable to carry it to the woods. KISS--Keep it simple stupid applies here. They are animals that use there sight,noise and hearing. This isnt rocket sicence.

Latest posts

Back