• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad Hit With 36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Normally use the 32 Cherokee for Squirrel but today I broke out the Seneca in 36.Missed 2 and got 1.I normally hit head BUT...
Going in.
8117530020_bd684176d9.jpg

Coming out
8117529470_e9c603048a.jpg

Salvaged loins and hind 1/4's.
On the positive side,I did hit heart and lungs! :rotf:

32 or 36 is definitely gonna be my next bp rifle that looks fun . Bet u still had a great time even missing . :thumbsup:

Yup, a .36 is big medicine to small game. I hit a rabbit with my .36 Pedersoli one time and had very little to salvage :redface:

The important thing is you kille done thats one less critter to bug me during deer season. I am like yess i hear one but nothing is there 2 minutes later the squirrel moves again.. Ewww kill the squirrels

Learn to use them. I don't know about you but squirrels and blue jays have helped me kill some nice bucks over the years....

When I was growing up in south central KS I hunted squirrel with an ancient .22 Stevens falling block. My family ate lots of squirrel; roasted, fricasee'd, stewed. Loved the texture of the meat and the flavor. Nowadays folks turn up their noses - 'Ewww', a rodent!

Makes sense that they might snitch on deer also...

Remember all three eat acorns....a blue jay has given up more deer to me than anything else. When alls quiet and they suddenly start squarking, theres usually a very good reason why... :thumbsup:

I don't know about you but squirrels and blue jays have helped me kill some nice bucks over the years....

Yes, many a time a squirrel has swooped down and finished my deer for me when the shot was not just right! :wink:

Only because you hit the shoulder bones. It's not like you really lost anything; don't worry when that happens. :thumbsup:

Agree with Swampy. Pay attention and the animals and birds will tell you many things. You just have to listen. I think it is part of getting old. Makes you slow down a lot.

Good shot placement, saved the haunches.
This past weekend I shot at 2 squirrels and missed them both. Scared the bejeezus outta them, though.

Back