• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bag moulds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of an event that limited how many balls you could take to the event - how many shots you get to take on a woods walk or scribes match yes. While I have a bag mold, I think of it as an accessory to complete the bag contents or as a time passing activity or at public events, a show & tell demo rather than a serious way to produce a significant number of balls - I do that at home with a Lee pot.

YoungGunner said:
, but whats the practicality of having one

A novelty for "a time passing activity or at public events, a show & tell demo",, or for the purest that wants the real experiance,, or for treckers,, or a juried event.

As far as I know a guy can bring 10#'s of ball too and event,,I may be limited to X number of shot's for a relay or special shoot like Red's Challange, But a bag mold used proper is no less efficiant then say a single cav lyman whilst dipping lead,,well maybe a little less cause of temp control,,but I still cast one at a time. :grin:

Some survival walks require contestants to display casting equipment, while others require building a fire and casting a ball, otherwise, they are just a nice to have, but an unnecessary part of the kit.

God bless

I was talking to a guy at a rendezvous who went to one of the juried events and he said they were allowed a maxium of 20 cast round balls and 3 pounds of bar lead. The point of the event was that you had to cast an additional 25 round balls to shoot the entire weekend. So I guess that you had to cast your additional ammo around the fire at night.

Latest posts

Back