• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rogers & Spencer review

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The R&S pistols are for me, a two-handed proposition; the hammer is so far "up", you can't one-handed cock it like with the Colt. The grip is awkward, too. This is just me personally, my hands. I still really like my R&S and am happy to have found it.
I’m with you on the hammer. On one hand it has a very short distance to cock but somebody should develop a thumb extension you can wear to reach the hammer spur! I guess if I was not concerned with keeping the gun stock I would consider cutting bending and rewelding the spur to make it easier to reach like Uberti does with some of the cowboy action unmentionables they sell. But as far as the grip I love the feel. I like my Remingtons too except I don’t like the trigger guard beating my middle finger silly! I just got an unmentionable cylinder for my R&S also just for a bit more versatility. Haven’t tried it yet but I like the one on my Remington just fine.

Latest posts

Back