• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel Light

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navaho

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I know they make a light to drop down a 50 cal, but how about us shooters that enjoy the tiny calibers, 32, 36, 40. Does anyone make a tube light for the little guys.

Go to your local tackle shop and get a replacement battery/light for Thill lighted bobbers. They are small enough dia. to fit in a .22 cal. They are available in green, red and yellow. They turn on and off by simply pushing/pulling top of light.

I have one (purchased from Track of the Wolf or Log Cabin Sport Shop, don't remember which now) that easily fits inside my .40. It will probably slide down a .36, I'm guessing. Give those two retailers a call and see what they can do for you.

I made my own using a white light diode from Radio Shack. Take a long skinny rod/dowel solder two wires to the diode and hot melt the diode and wires to the rod with a glue gun. The hot melt insulates the electrodes. Run the wires down the rod and connect to 2 aa batteries hooked in series. Fits down a 40 cal barrel easily.

I bought one from the log cabin I think is the same as what you are talking about. It costs about as much as the batteries of the other barrel lights, 3 to 4 dollars and is disposable. Also it gives out a lot of light out and comes in green, red and I think yellow light. It is small enough to go down a .177 caliber barrel.

I just purchased a couple of those "THILL" replacement lights for a bore light and it works great. It even slides down my son's .17 cal pellet rifle! $2.47 at Wally World.

Bub said:
I made my own using a white light diode from Radio Shack. Take a long skinny rod/dowel solder two wires to the diode and hot melt the diode and wires to the rod with a glue gun. The hot melt insulates the electrodes. Run the wires down the rod and connect to 2 aa batteries hooked in series. Fits down a 40 cal barrel easily.

Did similar with a replacement bulb for a mini-maglite, left off the rod, just used slightly stiff 2-conductor wire, and an old mini-mag to hold the batteries and act as switch. Worked so well, someone "borrowed" it and I need to make another. The bulb also fits into the drum just far enough to light the breech end of the barrel from the bottom if ya don't mind putting an eye right over the muzzle.

Back