• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Barrel Liner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Hawkens that I have been shooting for over
30 yrs. The bore is wore out. I want to keep the
outside as is.
Has anyone tried a barrel liner? How good are they?
Where is the best place to have the work done?
Our should I just rebarrel and forget it?

Redwing :redthumb:

some of the big names out there could do the job for you I'm not sure but ed rayl, and hoyt can do the rebarreling for you as in cutting the old rifleing and doing a crowning job but it might be cheaper to just order a new green mountain replacement barrel in your favorite barrel twist,..bb75

Redwing I think you would be further ahead to get a Greenmtn barrel to drop in because of cost and how long it may take for them to get it done . Bobby Hoyt does good work but he has taken 14 or so months on some of my friends barrels making new that is dont know about Ed

I ordered a new barrel from Ed around June 1st. He says it will be ready in September.

Jimbo

Thanks guys for the input. I don't know about the
GM drop in? The Rep. for GM lives here, I will give
him a call. :redthumb:

:thanks:

If you go for the new drop in replacement barrel would you consider simply drilling the old barrel out to 0.62" That would keep the nice old barrel in the family and give you a smoothbore and a 20 gauge shotgun. Should be a lot cheaper than sleving the barrel.

Back