• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Be Aware

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Don't think the poor old postie would like to be sent into orbit. We don't have metal detectors in our schools either! Heaven forbid that should ever happen. I was of course referring to your game laws. Funny how America is so strict with game laws but firearms laws "seem" at least from what we see in the media to be fairly unrestrictive? The opposite is the case over here. Nil game laws but a very negative public opinion towards firearms. Hollywood personalities have far too much persuasion on public opinion, even this far away.

I got what ya saying there Maaaaaate ha always waited to say that. But your right to many famous people influence our laws or influence people to vote on our laws. Its sad that because someone likes a certain celebrity and said celeb supports a particular politician they will vote that way. To be honest I will say likely 80% of voters conduct zero research on the people they vote for. (My educated guess not a fact) But you are wrong we have far to many gun laws here in America. What we need is a common sense law, and start executing prisoners instead of releasing them since a majority of all serious crimes are done by repeat offenders.

Kapow said:
Funny how America is so strict with game laws but firearms laws "seem" at least from what we see in the media to be fairly unrestrictive?

"Accessability" is determined at the state or county level. So with 50 states and 3 to 254 counties within any given state you can see that it varies cosiderably within the US. 3,140 counties/boroughs/parishes in the US - each with different laws and regulations on firearms. And then there are city ordinances as well.

The states make the hunting regulations (except with migratory species - federal for those). The counties make the ownership regulations; which are all infringements on the federal Constitution's Second Ammendment.

What a mess.

And yet even here in New York I can buy up to 50 lbs of blackpowder and ammunition through the mail or other carries and have it delivered to my door. Take the good with the bad.

I wonder if I can order Black powder via home delivery here in AZ? anyone know? Just sent a private to another moderator re where to get some (cuz im new and not sure we can discuss in a forum). I would gladly pay the haz mat shipping upgrade vs the tank of gas i'd burn to go but it over the counter. I am running a bit low. I have like 24 caplcks of from .32 to .58 and a 12ga and a 20 ga and a ROA but only ONE flinter and having been on the forum for about a month now Im starting to get the itch to go flinting again and maybe even get a smoothbore?

Here's a test with .400 roundballs. This is posted in the Shooting Accessories forum under "Do Patches Matter That Much?" 3/23/11. I tried to post a link to it but did not succeed. This was by Herb, post 975295.
170.jpg

azmntman said:
I wonder if I can order Black powder via home delivery here in AZ? anyone know? Just sent a private to another moderator re where to get some (cuz im new and not sure we can discuss in a forum). I would gladly pay the haz mat shipping upgrade vs the tank of gas i'd burn to go but it over the counter. I am running a bit low. I have like 24 caplcks of from .32 to .58 and a 12ga and a 20 ga and a ROA but only ONE flinter and having been on the forum for about a month now Im starting to get the itch to go flinting again and maybe even get a smoothbore?
Not sure about where they can ship to but I use maine powder house and they drop it to my door everywhere I have lived so far at least. There is a 27.50 hazmat fee applied and the smallest amount they will ship is 5 lbs at a time. Usually there can be some to be picked up at various rondys within your area as well, or gun clubs.

Back