• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Be Gone A Long Time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEARL

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Went out and bought me a crossbow for hunting this year.
That means I will leave home the first day of October. Hunt first half of Archery Season. Then Muzzle loading Season. Then regular Gun Season ( With my muzzleloader). Then the special Holiday Gun Season (Again with my muzzle loader). Then finish up the last half of Archery Season. Be back home around the 15th of Jan, 2013.
Could get 10 deer this year. Yippeeee. :thumbsup:

Vearl, come down to Alabama. Our gun season is 3 months long (mid november to the end of january) you can legally kill over a hundred deer a year not to mention hogs all year long.

bamaboy said:
Vearl, come down to Alabama. Our gun season is 3 months long (mid november to the end of january) you can legally kill over a hundred deer a year not to mention hogs all year long.

while I would like to be able to shoot a 100 deer in a single season, I just can't eat that many before the next season. Only got 3 dogs who want to eat off my plate with me.

Vearl said:
That means I will leave home
When you say 'leave home', do you mean traveling to / hunting in other states ?
Either way, it sounds great !
:thumbsup:

That sounds like a dream. Ugghhhh, retirement is a LONG way away for me. That's when the fun starts, right? :grin:

Rat Trapper, I've never killed anywhere near 100 deer in a season usually I take around 10 deer. The best season I've ever had was 23 deer including 9 bucks that year. That was before Alabama Dept of Conservation placed limits on the number of bucks you could kill in a season. Now the state is trying to thin down the doe population and have placed generous limits on the doe harvest.

I live in Alabama on the Tn line and hunt both states. My combined bag limit on deer is over 350 but usually only kill the one deer I need every year for the freezer.

I sure do count coup on a bunch of them every year though.

Eric what part of north Alabama are you from? Do you hunt hogs where you live at? I'm from Russell County Alabama and we have a real problem with hogs here.

I'm Moving to Alabama!!!! :shocked2:

Same gripe for me as before, one deer, one elk, if I draw a tag!

Yall probably have lots of Turkeys too!!

Yes sir we have a good turkey population. The coyotes are taking their toll on them from what I've been told. I shoot them on sight because they are also hard on young deer to.

I hunt on a Public Hunting area. It is approx: 40 miles from home. Not the most deer for a Public Hunting area, but not a lot of hunters either.
I wouldn't know what to do with allowed limit of deer. One or two would be nice.
You all have a good deer season and be safe.

Back