• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear hunting success

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup: Congrats! gees,,7! that's more bear than I've seen in 40 years in the Adirondacks! but I keep lookin! :wink:

I was taking my stand down today and a good sized bear walked into my bait while I was unhooking the strap on the stand. No one got the big bruins though. I talked to the game checking station and they said that there weren't many other bears checked besides our group, I might wait a week or 2 and put out a small bait line where I know there are some big bruins and take my second bear. It depends on how caught up I get with bow deer season.

I made a typo, it was a .562 rb and I used lead made out of shotgun slugs that I recovered after qualifying my station. Slugs are between pure lead and linotype in hardness and are just perfect for hunting larger animals. A pure lead ball would have probably done the job but I like extra insurance in the penetration department for bear.

boy I bet that bear made alot of noise. It can be sort of disturbing listening to a dying bear, they are alot more vocal than most animals. I love .58's they shoot pretty flat and have plenty of mass they really are one of the best all around calibers.

He didn't make that much noise. Was your sound turned on? That bear was just putting its head down for the last time as the camera stopped filming. Dead. :thumbsup:

That's great, wish I could have video'd my hunt. Maybe next year, I tell you what there is no doubt in my mind of the effectiveness of the pbr, I've yet to shoot an animal with one that went more than 50 yards and so far I have been unable to recover even a single rb.

Back