• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear season started

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I packed my tree stand into the woods last night (2 days late due to rain) the season started yesterday and lasts all month.
I checked my trail cam and this little bear was in the area by where my stand now is now hanging (40 yards from where he was standing) , he was there the day before season and an hour before dark.
If he will just repeat that this weekend I might just give him a .54 caliber how do you do!

standing.jpg

I packed my tree stand into the woods last night (2 days late due to rain) the season started yesterday and lasts all month.
I checked my trail cam and this little bear was in the area by where my stand now is now hanging (40 yards from where he was standing) , he was there the day before season and an hour before dark.
If he will just repeat that this weekend I might just give him a .54 caliber how do you do!

View attachment 92620
Looks good. Looking forward to some good pics of the view from your stand regardless of bear sightings.

Question. Are you allowed to use predator calls, like a mouse squeaker or deer fawn bleat, to call in bears?

So where from, that view, is the spot you have the bear on your game camera?
5 seconds into the video. . . another 100 yards or so that way is the creek. You can't really see in the video but the ground is littered with rotting logs that the bears bust up for grubs. hundreds of logs and dozens of freshly (in the last month) broken apart by bears

Well I got a glimpse of these two, but only a flash of each and only because the cub made a fast move that caught my eye, other wise they would have slipped right by. . . .it's so amazing how quiet bear can be when they want to. Other than that just a sore bum from the tree stand and tired legs from the hike in. . . I'm just hunting afternoons yesterday and today, might hunt Monday morning, but the trail cam shows all the action late afternoon to just after sunset.

The Garden is booming and we need to pickle, freeze, etc so I'm trying to get that done in the AM before I head up. . . . some three day weekend,:confused: I'm up at 5 go hunt about noon, home about 11, and up at 5 again 💤🛌 already looking forward to going back to work on Tuesday so I can get some real sleep

WGI_0105.JPG

Back