• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Free flint knap-in in Logan Ohio Oct. 12th and 13th

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there are alot of folks on here that would like to know how to make good gun flints. Coming up Saturday Oct. 12th and Sunday Oct 13th there is a free knap-in happening in Logan Ohio, easy access right off 33. Here is a great opportunity to learn flintknapping and how to make your own gunflints, Even if you just make a one day trip, you will come away with skills you can use for your lifetime. I will be in attendance as I need assistance in spalling off spalls from the core. If enough members on this list come to the knap in, it would be great to have a meet and greet !! I hope to see lots of folks there.
Ohio Rusty ><>
knap in.JPG

Interesting. I picked up a lot of flint in Ohio a few years back, heat treated it myself but realized that I don't have a clue how to knap it into rifle flints. I sent a good bit of it to a guy in Alaska I think and he was going to knap them for me, but he's kind of disappeared, along with my flints (I'm not suggesting that he stole them, something may have happened to him I suppose).

Back