• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Belgian pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kia Ora from New Zealand Aotearoa.
Recently acquired thees two pistols.
I don't know a lot about them. Havnt had a measure on caliber yet. Seems like. 45 on the Eyecrometer:)
Have a wonderful day out there every one.
Ma Te Wa :)

Attachments

• 20240709_164658.jpg
    20240709_164658.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240709_165237.jpg
    20240709_165237.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240709_165303.jpg
    20240709_165303.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Kia ora! That is a lovely pair of late 1840's/early 1850's target or travelling pistols in the style of LePage. 11mm is about right, but we need to see the form of the backsight to be able to tell any more about them. Any maker's marks? Top of the barrel, maybe?

A similar pistol here in UK produced a group of around 2" at 25m in a recent competition. Good examples really DO shoot!

Take care down there.

Kia ora! That is a lovely pair of late 1840's/early 1850's target or travelling pistols in the style of LePage. 11mm is about right, but we need to see the form of the backsight to be able to tell any more about them. Any maker's marks? Top of the barrel, maybe?

A similar pistol here in UK produced a group of around 2" at 25m in a recent competition. Good examples really DO shoot!

Take care down there.
Tatou for the information Mr Foley:)
No maker marks? Just Leigh proof ...havnt had barbells off to check yet.I'm off to mahi . I'll get a photograph of sight when I can later on.
With that bit of length on barrel I could see how they would shoot ok.
Have a wonderful day
Nga Mihi
:)

Hey, when you get around to it, they'll shoot a patched ball over about 15gr or so of 3Fg. Light loads are usual for that kind of target pistol - see capandball shooting his Pedersoli LePage pistol....on Youtube!

Back