• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bells across the Land 4-9-15

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zimmerstutzen

70 Cal.
Reaction score
First I heard of this.

Considering the lack of interest in the CW, good for the First State.

Bells Across the Land
The surrender of General Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia to Union General Ulysses S. Grant on April 9, 1865, was a symbolic end to the Civil War. First State Heritage Park, in collaboration with the First State National Historical Park, State of Delaware Historical and Cultural Affairs, and local organizations, will participate in commemorating the event with the ringing of bells throughout Delaware and across the country on April 9th at 3:15 p.m. for 4 minutes, each minute symbolizing a year of the war.

First I've heard of it. I'm the bell ringer for my church, and would consider ringing if I can get away from work, but it seems doubtful right now. Maybe my assistant can be there. Our bell, and our church building, were built during the Civil War.

Tolling our bell for 4 minutes is a LONG time!

"Tolling a bell for 4 minutes is a long time"
In rural areas of Mexico in Gro and Mich the church tolls bells often. Every 15 minutes 24/7. When someone important dies, they toll the bells for 36 hours at 100 rings a minute. They have a machine that does it now. I call it torture. I have arrived at a particular dislike for bell ringing. Sorry for the off topic.
Apaws

Back