• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bending a hammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m late to the party but everyone is jumping straight to bending the hammer…
First I would check that the lock bolt is pulling the lock snug to the barrel.
Next make sure the hammer is screwed tight up against the tumbler.
The way I have done it is heat the hammer in a vise, bend it only to find the hammer screw was loose and now hammer is bent too far. Take hammer back off, hurry back to vise and break it cold with big hammer.
Oops, did it again! ;-)

I bent my hammer way back when I was a young WHIPPER SNAPPER. remember that is what GABBY HAYES used to say along with YER DERN TOOTING!!! any one else go back early 50's TV? when it shut off when the PEACOCK TEST PATTERN CAME ON? we only had 3 channels'- 6-10 &12! and you had to get off of the couch to change them, no remote's back then, and you would have to twist the RABBIT EARS to get the reception to improve!!those were the days, but we lived through them!!!! just a trip down MEMEORY LANE! at least for me!

Back