• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best price on a GPR flint kit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a hankering for a .54 GPR flinter kit. After much searching, the best price I've found is $317. Is there anything cheaper out there that you guys know of?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

If you can actually get one that cheap, you better grab it fast. My wholesale cost is now more than that.

I have not heard of them being priced that low for quite a while, well worth the $$$. Midsouth supply used to have the best price for a lot of years

Sportsmans Warehouse was the cheapest in my area about 3 years ago and I got my kit for $220.00

I got one from impact guns for 317 two weeks ago. A .54 flint kit. It was out of stock. Took about a month to come in. Also got the hunter barrel while I was at it. Also a back order and 3 or 4 week wait. Larry wv

I've order other, non-ML guns from Impact Guns before, and I'll never do it again. The customer service was horrible, they didn't bother telling me thigs were out of stock and back ordered, and when it showed up the packaging was subpar to the point I couldn't believe my stuff wasn't damaged.

Personally, I'd recommend you spend another $50 and go with Midsouth. They shipped the day I ordered, called me to tell me it was on the way, and it's supposed to be here Tuesday...3 business days after ordering.

I knew it was out of stock as it said so on the web site. It came in the Reg Lyman box. I am not holding up for them. Could be I just got lucky. Larry wv

Well, I took my chances and went ahead and ordered the .54 flint kit today at lunch from Impact Guns.

I was told I would be looking at a 2-3 week back-order, but my debit card wouldn't be charged until the kit shipped. I'm not in any hurry so that's fine with me. I did receive an almost immediate email response to my order.

I'll keep this thread updated as the transaction progresses because $317.99 appears to be the best price in the USA at the moment and some of you folks who aren't in a hurry may also be considering this route. The total was $331.99 after shipping was added.

1150hrs, 03/18/2009, mark...

Seen on their site about having a FFL , being a kit and black powder did they give you any hassles..Ray

None whatsoever. That being said, should any occur you'll hear about here in this thread.

As far as I know, the rules concerning the sale and mailing of muzzleloaders hasn't changed.

No questions about ffl when I ordered mine. Card was not charged till kit was shipped. Same with the hunter barrel I ordered a week later. Kit was in a Lyman box in another box. The hunter barrel was in a long narrow box and looked like an anti hunter had helped it on its way but was ok. Larry wv

J. Williams said:
Well, I took my chances and went ahead and ordered the .54 flint kit today at lunch from Impact Guns.

I was told I would be looking at a 2-3 week back-order, but my debit card wouldn't be charged until the kit shipped. I'm not in any hurry so that's fine with me. I did receive an almost immediate email response to my order.

I'll keep this thread updated as the transaction progresses because $317.99 appears to be the best price in the USA at the moment and some of you folks who aren't in a hurry may also be considering this route. The total was $331.99 after shipping was added.

1150hrs, 03/18/2009, mark...
Was just wondering if it ever came in yet?How was the sevice and packaging,no problems..Ray

Back