• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Rendezvou Ever

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chance

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Well I jUst got back from the Widowmaker Vouz here in Tn. I got to meet Jethro. He came in second for the whole thing. He sure can shoot. Me on the other hand Im still getting it all worked out. I will be back next year. Jethro was a blast to hang out with and I learned a few new tricks from him about good camp meals. Cant wait till the next one. It is amazing how a little time away with great people can get you fired back up!!!!!!!!!

The best ever, is any one that doesn't have a lot of rain! Rendezvous are always full of friendly people willing to help any one else.Plus a chance to share their food and drinks. :idunno:

It was great to meet you too Chance. Now that you're a Widowmaker I expect to see ya more often. :hatsoff:

The Widowmaker Rifle Frolic was held at Widowmaker Station @ 50 miles West of Nashville back in the woods and hollers of TN. Our club has one of the best shootin' rendezvous I know of and usually some of the best flintlock shootin' too. This year we were all a little off our game... :idunno:
Thursday we did the archery walk and hawk & knife walk. Friday was rifle novelty, rifle silhouettes, and Kings Mountain. Saturday we did the smoothbore silhouettes, clay birds, and pistol competition.
There was a pipe ceremony where the ashes of 4 old timers were put to rest and other old timers were remembered. Their bodies may be gone but their spirits still walk with us.
We witnessed 2 good men become blood brothers.
Saw old friends.
Made some new friends.
Ate good.
Drank better.
A shining time was had by all! :thumbsup:

OK I give up :idunno: I live 75 miles West of Nashville and I was at home all week end and didn't hear any shootin' or smell any powder burnin' :surrender: Do these hills and hollers have a name? :confused: You guys had to have been in my backyard...... :redface: :shake: :doh:

Yep, they have a name, Widowmaker Station! :grin:

You shoulda come a runnin' the first time the signal mortar went off!

South of McKinnon, North of Waverly.

Thanks Jethro :thumbsup: I'll try to google Widowmaker Station again & hope for better results. The last time all i found was the hill climmb,which brought some old memories of days gone bye. I sure would like to find a good club to shoot at in that neck of the woods! :grin: Don't think i'll be able to make the Possum Branch rondy this year :shake: October is right smack dab in the middle of Outage season and i'll be soaking up my yearly dose of radiation. :doh: :shocked2:

gunsmithscott said:
Hey Jethro, Who was it that won that there widowmaker event?

Some good-fer-nothin' no-good hillbilly named Scott Bumpus Head on a Rock. He probly only hit some of them targets when the ball bounced offa something else. Them crooked-barrel rustbuckets of rifles he shoots sure couldn't hit nothin' on purpose. Specially with his eyeballs still all googly from whackin' that rock 2 years ago. :idunno:

:haha:

Grats on your first place Scott. :hatsoff:
See ya at the Possum Party! You better keep practicin'. :wink:

smo said:
Don't think i'll be able to make the Possum Branch rondy this year

Try to get there if you can. It's worth going. :thumbsup:

smo said:
Found it ! 13.22 miles from my front door,the long way....... :idunno: :shake: :( :doh: :surrender:

Try and get to the rondy next year.

There's only the one rondy every year at Widowmaker Station. The Widowmakers meet, shoot, and camp together at other doin's all over. It's more of a rondy club for shooters than a shootin' club.
Most of the Possums are also Widowmakers and their rondy is real good too.

Thanks for the info. Will it be at the same place next year? If things work out I will be at Possum Branch and still trying to make my mind up on Friendship. :idunno: I just dropped $1750.00 down the well at my place yesterday.......new pump,wiring & piping :shake: So i'm still in shock from that right now. :shocked2: :cursing:

hahahaha. put the whup on some fellers and they start callen ya names. and them skip shots is my trick shootin, done em all on purpose. All ready gettin ready for the possum party. see ya there. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back