• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Squirrel State

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Texas. I live in Travis County were there is no closed season and no bag limit. Most of the 254 counties are like Travis County.

The counties in east Texas have seasons with dates like Oct 1-Feb 1 and May 1-31 with a daily bag limit of 10. Squirrel season is a big event in east Texas. Of course their squirrels are about half the size of some of our central Texas whitetails.

I also live in Notheast Nebr our Squirrel season starts Aug 1 thru Jan 31. I like to hunt them along Timber lined creeks with crop land along the edges. Started my two boys hunting Squirrels, helped to make them into fine deer hunters.

Here in Iowa season runs Aug. 30 through Jan31.There are many good stands of timber with white Oak and Hickory bordering corn fields.The fox squirrels are thick in most of them. They are good sized and,hand to Heaven,taste like pork.My kids love em.BB.

Back