• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being to fat and old to run in the woods it just might however be something to ga watch and heckle the guys onn. Seeing it is only just down the road.

Hey Big John,
I hope to attend your event this year. I tried to get to your web site via the link but I couldn't get there for some reason. Can you tell me the dates of your event.
By the way our event The Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon and Winter shoot will be held on February 18th and 19th this year. This is a week earlier than last year as to not conflict with any other event. Hope to see you there.
Brew

Well then I will be there. Just please remember that some of us will need O2 when it is done :grin:

Hey John, that sounds like fun, I'll have to mark it in the calendar. I had a good time at the last event your club put on, even though it was 100 degrees in the shade! First you tried to roast us, and now you'll try to freeze us, sounds like a blast.

John, thanks for the heads up. What time is the shoot on Sunday? I could not access the Hanson site. I'd like to come by and sight in for deer season in case I get a chance to go out, and pick up my medal (even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while!)

do you know the dates for the wabanaki run? I cant seem to find any info on that event. We want to try to hit them all this year!

Hey Longfowler, Thw Wabanaki Run at St. Johnsbury,Vt. is Feb. 25&26. Starting with our Biathlon there is a contest every weekend til march.Then 2nd. week in March there's NY. Good Luck p.s. I wear a long green capote at the shoots, say hi.

thanks for the info, hope to see you there. I'll be the guy in the least authentic costume carrying the ugliest home-made flintlock you've ever seen!

Hey Big John,
Today I happened to pop in the video that was shot from last years Southern Vermont Primitive Biathlon and as soon as the video appeared on the screen, there was "Big John" at the Spring Hole shooting station. As for your shooting, your form looked great and you hit one out of two shots.
Maybe I will set up a small TV screen at this years event so you can get a chance to see yourself in action. Looking forward to this years events.[url] WWW.SVTPB.org[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
And here in the nation's icebox we've had temps in the mid-30's. Rain, fog. Haven't seen the sun since before Christmas.

But I got approved to attend a class in MA the week of Jan 23-27.

I'm gonna see if I can't make it to both the Hanson event and the Smuggler's Notch event.

Back