• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big Buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Got to go out yesterday afternoon ,got in the woods about 2:30,and around 4:00 squirrels started going crazy barking down of the ridge saw this big buck but it was down the ridge about 150 yds,about 50yds from where i had planned to sit but had changed my mind, I do this sometimes you know sit in the wrong place,oh well the leaves where too dry for me to try and get closer so i grunted 2 times no response just let him walk instead of spooking .I did not have my ML just my unmentionable S B H 44 mag.Maybe i just was being tortured for not havein my ml. He looked like the grand daddy to the 120 pounder i killed there the other day. Don't laugh too much it was a joy just to see who had been making all the sign ,i didn't think the 4 pointer had done it all.

I too Am often torn on what to tote. Modern life saps time so much it often fools us into compromising our choices. Often I contemplate a complete switch to front loaders and then the modern world clock intervenes!

B. :hatsoff:

Once when hunting archery cow elk my inner voice says "sit right here", not trusting my inner voice I took a spot about 60 yards away and sat (my killing range at the time was about 40).

Not 5 min later a herd ambled by and a FAT cow peed on said rock :doh: !! Now I listen a bit more to my inner voice but still cant stand still when the bugling starts!

Back