• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Seeking Opinions on a Recent Kibler SMR Purchase Experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a heart attack.
Interesting. It should be noted that I never actually took possession of the rifle. I was refunded before it was ever even shipped.

It’s curious to me the seller would drop the price by $750 for the sake of something that -according to him- was a non-issue. He maintained there was absolutely no problem up until the very end of our interaction.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here that finds the seller’s actions dubious?

The whole time he maintained that the crack at the tang was so minute that it was hardly noticeable or noteworthy and he never offered me any sort of a discount whatsoever. I wonder if he’s in the habit of giving 50% off deals to his friends on perfectly good rifles?

Believe me… I’m not the least bit sore over the deal falling through knowing what I know now. The silver lining for me is that I got a rifle in which I feel the builder paid a great deal more attention and care to.

Last edited:
Your deal is over.
Thank goodness, too! In hindsight, I’m thankful. I just can’t help but feel an extreme disappointment and even disillusionment that this guy I once looked up to is not the person I thought he was.

I think that what you’ve brought to light just serves to underscore the fact that his character and reputation are not as spotless as he would have one think.

Am I the only one here that finds the seller’s actions dubious?
What’s so dubious? He disclosed to what could be a potential issue, he refunded your money, you don’t like the way he refunded your money……

he never offered me any sort of a discount whatsoever.
Is this the problem, you wanted a discount by pointing out possible flaws but instead got a refund.

Surprisingly, the seller became upset and refunded my money immediately, even though I never requested a refund.
You mentioned several days later when referencing viewing the pictures, probable he already moved on to a new buyer.

I didn’t want to name this individual for fear of the fallout that might follow. It should be noted, however, that he isn’t a “nobody” putting together Kibler kits on his kitchen table. He’s a rather well-known name in the community and is generally well-respected. He was by me, too, up until recent events. You would all probably be shocked if I name-dropped.
Who is it? The people deserve to know.

Sounds like everybody's happy. Would that have happened on Gunbroker?
For the bad rap that Gun Broker gets, I can’t say I’ve ever had an issue. I’ve been buying and selling on the site for some 15 years or more.

Sure, it all worked out in the end, but the entire situation could have been avoided to begin with. It’s disappointing to think that I was sold a rifle with a defect that should have been disclosed beforehand. This guy’s not an amateur, after all… he’s supposedly been building rifles for decades! The refund was not instantaneous, and I’m still waiting for it to clear several days later. It’s just an aggravating experience all around.

What’s so dubious? He disclosed to what could be a potential issue, he refunded your money, you don’t like the way he refunded your money……

Is this the problem, you wanted a discount by pointing out possible flaws but instead got a refund.

You mentioned several days later when referencing viewing the pictures, probable he already moved on to a new buyer.

Who is it? The people deserve to know.

Some folks apparently don’t take the time to read the initial post, so I’ll recap:

The seller disclosed the crack at the tang a couple of days after I had already paid for the rifle. As I’ve already stated, I was none-too-pleased, but opted to continue with the purchase. It was after reviewing the photos on my computer (that were initially viewed on my phone) that I discovered an inclusion and what I still believe to be a second crack just forward of the lock. It was my inquiry about this that caused the seller to go off the deep end.

I never asked for a refund, nor did I expect one. I would have continued with the purchase at the agreed upon price if he could have assured me there wasn’t a second crack. If there was a second crack, you couldn’t give me the rifle. What I find so dubious is that the seller has now sold this gun for $750 less than what he offered it to me for. He adamantly maintained there was nothing wrong with the rifle to begin with, so why the steep discount? Who does that? This was not a used firearm. It was a brand new kit build.

I don’t understand what you mean about him moving onto another buyer. I had already paid for the rifle and was waiting for it to be shipped when I discovered the aforementioned possible second crack.

I’m not going to name drop. You’ve made awful light of the situation, so what exactly do you feel people “deserve to know”?

Last edited:
This post is literally going no where. Let me sum it up Buyer - man I like that rifle, heres my money. Seller - I want you to be aware of a corrected fix. Seller- Ok no worries. Days later Buyer - drooling at pics wait what is this. Builder - Man this dudes a pain in the backside the sales not worth it to me (my take on it) here is your money back. Buyer- I got a full refund but I am offended by it, because he didn't communicate with me just refunded the money. But no worries I bought another rifle in same caliber and style from a different builder and am happy. Buyer - I think I'll make a post about it maybe I can get validation this way since the builder shut me down.
Moderator's can we please end this debacle. The OP has given a full refund. He got offended by refund. No one was taken advantage of. The OP bought the same version rifle from someone else with refunded money. Let's move on with life please. Thanks

Last edited:
I found this thread very interesting because I do not have a very good eye when it comes to picking out flaws. Almost bought several items in the past here when flaws were pointed out by other members. Rifle looked pretty good to me but might not be what others would want.

Latest posts

Back