• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Big game of the year 2009

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Season is over for most of us and I thought about a thread of just pictures. For this thread I was thinking about big game of the year. Post a picture of what you got buck or doe, cow or bull it does not matter. I think it would be cool to see a bunch of animals all on one thread. I will start on the next post. Ron

2009buck08-A.jpg

got this one at 125ish yards with a cva mountain stalker and 362gr powerbelt with 100gr Pyrodex RS. The blood trail he/she * button buck* left was 2 feet wide for 30 yards. Never saw a blood trail like that before!
PowerbeltInsert128.jpg

PowerbeltInsert136.jpg

If i had a bull elk tag & Antelope tag i could have filled them :shake:
Sept2009056.jpg

Or if this guy had at least 5" antlers we could have got a deer,
Sept2009012.jpg

12/31/09 New Years Eve Blue Moon 8 pt Buck.Lyman GPR 54,.530 RB,.018 patch,and 100grs of FFg.Range finder at 49.5 yds.

4232569694_5c01e8853f.jpg

You got a very nice mulie, Idaho Ron. Here is a picture I took on my Flintlock elk hunt in the Utah Book Cliffs(see Hunting Journal).
BookCliffsMulieII.jpg

My first-very proud!This one turned me to the dark side.

You guys take some great pictures keep them coming.
The red eye remover works pretty good!

IMG_0296_1.jpg

IMG_0297_1.jpg

Only one I got this season. Killed it second day of shotgun season in Shawnee National Forest, Ilinois with a .58cal.flintlock I built a few yrs back. Still got till the 17th of this month to hunt, but it will have to warm up a little for me to be able to handle it.

P1010003.jpg

Absolutely right about that. That deer is taken the hard way and not just because of the gun, but dogged determination. I love it. :wink:

GREAT pictures guys lets keep them coming. Hoyt, great buck! That pic of swampy is a great pic too! Lets see more guys! Ron

I took this deer 20 minutes after after the opening of the second gun season in Illinois.
Taken in southern Illinois with my .45 flintlock.
09-006a.jpg

Back