• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Coyotes?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Who's taken coyotes with their muzzleloaders? I mean taken them while hunting for them, not bushwacking them while deer or squirrel hunting.

Any pics would be great! :thumbsup:

Skychief.

35lb. female taken in March 09 using hand calls and decoys.

IMG_6568.jpg

I had taken a 44 lb male a few years ago while deer hunting but I lost the picture.

I never went for coyote with a muzzleloader intentionally.

I took one with my .50 while deer hunting a few years ago. Was my longest shot with a ml on any game ever. 147 yards.

On a trip to texas this year I and my grandson took an afternoon to call coyotes. Me carrying my TC .45 and he his Norinco SKS. We called two. One snuck in behind and beat if before a shot could be taken. The other presented me with a perfect broadside shot at 25 or 30 yards. I shot through the hairs on his back. :haha:

That really whet my appetite for calling and taking them with a ml :) Am going on an ML ground squirrel shoot later this month and will make it a point to try to call and take a coyote with ml.

Latest posts

Back