• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder dealers near Baltimore?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnlonghunter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Are there any that someone could point to? Say within an hour of the South Side of Baltimore (I live close to the Fort Meade area). While ordering in bulk would be preferable, I wonder if there's a shop where I could buy a pound or two for testing different granulations in load development (got a Sharps I'm jonesing to find a load for) before I she'll out for several pounds of a granulation that doesn't work or me. The Bass Pro is up to $30/lb for Goex, so I'm hoping somewhere near is cheaper.

Just an FYI....Should you not be able to find a local brick and mortar store source for your 1 lb test lot, Graf & Sons online will sell you one pound of powder, but of course, as I'm sure you're already aware, $17 for the one lb of powder + $28 hazmat + shipping is going to set you back roughly $50.....but IMO that's better than not getting it at all should you not be able to locate any locally. Good luck in your search.

You won't make it in an hour..... but Juniata Trading (rt30 between Breezewood and Everett PA) stocks pounds of black, I don't know recent pricing. They aren't open on Sundays though if you decide to take a ride.

There is a supplier near Winchester, Va if you can't find anywhere else. That's probably 2 hours from you.

He's at WWW.blackpowderva.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'll give Anglers a call. Back Creek and Grafs are on my list of folks for bulk orders. I found a place in Essex, MD called HNP Muzzleloading, but it doesn't have a website so it's hard to know (but te name sounds promising!).

I think Anglers stopped carrying black about a year ago. I wish I was wrong.

Bass Pro or out of state, maybe Cabelas in Christiana.

Hello from a fellow subject of the not so free state.

Not too far from you:
Clyde's Sport Shop
2307 Hammonds Ferry Rd, Halethorpe, MD 21227
Phone:(410) 242-6108

They carry Goex for $25 a pound.

You will have a much better experience than Bass Pro. It's also nice to support one of the few local guys that will stock real black powder.

Latest posts

Back