• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BLACK POWDER IN ARIZONA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zonie

Moderator Emeritus In Remembrance
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I heard at the shooting range that
Thunderbird Cartridge Co. Inc
7215 W. Southern Ave.
Laveen, Arizona
(602) 237-3823
has Black Powder (including Swiss) for sale.

They ask that you call a day or so ahead of time so they can get the powder out of the storage area.

Yes, for most of us that is a 30+ mile drive but I think if they are carrying it, it would be a good idea to send them some business so they will keep on carrying it.

I thought you would like to know

After posting this last night, I got to thinking.
Sense it was a rumor, I wonder if it was right?? :hmm:

Today I called Thunderbird and was told they have Swiss FFg and all GOEX from FFFFg thru Cannon. :grin: :)
I didn't ask the price. :(

Zonie, you da man! :bow: I'm gonna hafta high-tail it over there next week and stock up. I don't mind the mail order method, but, like you, I'd rather support a local business. Don't buy up all the Goex FFg and FFFg afore I gits there, ya scoundrel! :grin: :thumbsup:

It's nice to know that I can get powder before the NATIONALS come.besides, Laveen is a pretty drive.

Just call ahead before you go.
If you got there and they had not gotten the powder out it might make you very grumpy.

Then we'd have to watch another "Laveen and Sully" show. :rotf: :grin:

They probably need time to get the sheep around behind the store, while singing "Laveen on a jet plane". Written by John Denver, sung by Peter, Paul and Mary. :redface:

I've been looking for a place that sells Goex out here for months and no one seemed to have a clue.
I just got off the phone with Thunderbird Cartridge and at just under 13 bucks a pound I'm one happy guy! YEEEHAAA! going to be stockin up now! THANKS ZONIE :applause:

Bush: Your Welcome! :)

I would urge anyone in the Phoenix area to make an effort to go out to their store and give them your support by buying some real Black Powder from them.
The price is less expensive than any of the psudo black powders lke Pyrodex, 777 etc. and it works better than them in every gun.

It is a extra burden on them to keep it, sell it and put up with all of the regulations so IMO, we muzzleloaders should give them our business and support.

No, I don't work for them. :)

Agreed I use the real deal as well, works better, cleans better, and all my barrels season better

Juggernaut

Back