• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder "magnum" pistol from England?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing the size of the bores on some of the howdah pistols, I'm thinking I'd rather just have a lid on my box. I'd rather close the lid over myself and hope the tiger went on it's way than try to shoot one of those cannons!

The tigger situ requires fast thinking(lifelong carpatunnel syndrome or catscat)....BOOM! :haha:

Funny thing about those that I put up last year I think off the History channel or one of the Nra hunting ones, 2 guys one with glasses ,small guy and one of these tiger "go away guns" and bigger guy with all the do dads and a Casule 500 I think it was the little guy made nothing of shooting the tiger gun the the others 500 after hed shoot it with it recoiling over his head changed guns the little guy had less problem with the 500 and the big guy was giveing the tiger gun back after one shot,the cute part was the little guy when shooting the super bad 500 had maybe a 2 foot climb with it ,no over the head stuff it was :rotf: to live for. Fred :hatsoff: After thought Im shooting one of those 1855 Dragoon 58 cals (the kind thats a horse gun with a take ohh shoulder stock) from Dixie and shoot 60grs 2f and a minie and at 3 1/2 lbs it isnt that much to hold on to. (ok the minie's are short) Its a real scream when using a ball if thought of haveing it taken out to 600 but dont think the n metal is in it.

I think the big guy was Jan Libourel and the smaller guy was Garry James. It may have been part of the "Tales of the Gun" series.

Hey I just looked back on this and I want to thank all of you who took the time to post some pictures and discuss a few things. If you noticed my other posts around here, I actually got my hands on an old CVA Tower Pistol replica for pretty cheap, so that will occupy my time for a little while, however I think a Walker or some sort of "howdah" pistol wouldn't be out of the question down the road. Particularly a Walker to go with the whole western thing...

I dont know who this "Roy" is, but I'd sure like to get one of those Howdah pistols... I've wanted one like that for a long time, and that one is a double barrel..

I hate to ask...but what price area are we talking about here?

:bow:

hangfiretx said:
I dont know who this "Roy" is, but I'd sure like to get one of those Howdah pistols... I've wanted one like that for a long time, and that one is a double barrel..

I hate to ask...but what price area are we talking about here?

:bow:
Roy is Roy Stroh, a denzien of these parts. You can PM him.

He normally does mostly Flints/Wall guns, but he made this one for me becausehe had sufficient parts lying around.

As to cost? Well, I could have bought a Cabelas/Pedersoli Double - but I had an itch. It was worth it IMO, but it is a totally impractical toy.

Back