• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Suppliers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Suppliers of black powder are getting fewer and far between.
It must be harder and harder for distributers to find vendors who will sell the stuff, with BATF regulations and inspections.
Last week during my hunt for caps and powder in up-state NY, the shop owners told me of their horror stories of BATF inspections, rules and regulations, and "FINES"
I remember a few (20) years ago smuggling two kegs(Water barrels, he he!) of 3f back from Frindship Indianna, tied to the trailor, through Canada customs.I wouldn't try that now!
Sadly those innocent days are gone.
I know the group of people that gather here, range far and wide. But it would be great if we could bear pressure on those that make the laws, help us out.
In no time at all, black powder won't be available.
Best Regards
Old Ford

Back in the late '60's, early '70's, a buddy of mine called his Representative, Millicent Fenwick, and calmly explained to her why he needed more than 5lbs of smokeless powder as a re-loader...she was sponsoring one of the many "limit the quantity" bills...she asked good questions, and the upshot was she changed her bill's quantity limits....the only time you can really make an impact on the laws is before they're passed...after they are "graven in stone" it is near impossible...everything from the lazy not wanting to re-open a topic to the ego of the bill writer not wanting a "correction" to his masterpiece...Hank

Where in Ontario are you? There is a guy near St. Catherines who sells Goex BP for $300 per 25 lb. case or $17 for individual 1 lb. cans:

John Emmett
527 Glendale Avenue
Thorold, Ontario L2V 3Y5
905-227-3342, FAX: 905-227-5851
[url] http://www.goexpowder.com/distributors.html[/url]

You can save a lot of money by going there and picking it up yourself instead of having it shipped. He's a great guy to deal with and he sells shotgun supplies too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun club in Stittsville sells BP for $22 a pound :rotf: but they only stock one or two different grades, and they are only open one or two days a week. The drive to Thorold from Pembroke was totally worth it, because even after gas and hotel, I still saved over $100 on a case, plus I got to visit Phil's BBQ on College St. in Toronto :grin:.

Dang, $22 bucks a lb., guess I should be happy payin' $16 a lb. to the local dealer. He's the only place in town that stocks it so he can pertty much charge what he wants for it. I'm thinking of getting a few people together and going in on a group buy for some powder. If we split up the Haz.Mat fee it won't be as much for a lb. as buying it locally.

WOW - our ML club buys by the case and sells to memebers for $10 per pound. Hope that your prices are just because of country currency exchanges.

At current rates, those $22 CDN single-pound cans would cost $18.92 US, and a $300 CDN case would cost $258 US, or $10.32 US per can.

Latest posts

Back