• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BLUE GROUSE M.L.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUPPB

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone done one of the kits availible from Blue Grouse muzzleloaders???? just curious.

if your talking underhammers, unless you have an old kit you may be out of luck. others with more up to date info can chime in. last i heard there were no kits to be had.

no kits to be had. I got the last 50 cal. buggy rifle kit about two and a half years ago. made a nice handy rifle and a good shooter,

TTC

I think Bruce went under a couple of years ago. Contact Deer Creek in Waldron, Indiana, they had the same parts, and complete rifles, and may still have a few parts to piece together a kit.
Deer Creek Products
PO Box 246
6989 E. Michigan Road
Waldron, Indiana 46182
1-765-525-6181
Mark

I don't know why they don't take there site down , I have emailed and it bounces and called every ph# they have posted and a recording takes a message but they never did return my call like they say they will . so i gave up and bought one of gun-brokers lol.

fwiw, I emailed them a couple weeks ago and got a reply back. The reply sounded like they were still in the business, but no longer selling barrels or "kits". But only selling parts, locks, stocks, and labor - which is pretty much everything but the barrel. The email also listed several barrel sources and a lot of general information.

I suspect some of the general information in it was not current - but since it was a response, I am optimistic that the parts availability was.

After talking with his daughter (?) on the phone, I emailed him at [email protected] (I also cc to a different address that I am pretty sure I misspelled - '[email protected]')

There are several versions of his website - the email address above came from this one http://bluegrouseblackpowder.webexone.com/
---
I do not own a Blue Grouse, but do have an older H&A rifle. I am hoping to shoot it this weekend, but it still needs a bit of tlc first. That said, I highly suspect I will end up with a Blue Grouse eventually (latter this year) if they are in some way or another still available. The H&A was intended for my daughter - but the wood is too nice for me to cut it down to fit her, so will probably just keep it myself and build her her own ;) - that and the trigger is too "light" for her as well ;).

O.K. I will probly contact Deer Creek. Will have to see how winter pans out.

Back