• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blue Ridge vs Frontier?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I`ve bought three Blue Ridge rifles from Cabela`s, first one was excellant, next one was manure so sent it back and got the third very nice rifle.
Cabela`s has a great return policy so don`t except nothing but nice. :thumbsup:

I have a Cabela's Blue Ridge in 45 cal. I lost a part (please don't ask how) I called the number listed in the paper work that came with the gun. I talked with the lady there and she told me, as for as the parts, the Blue Ridge is the same as the Pedersoli Frontier and use the same parts list. She did say that some Pedersoli Frontiers had added items such as the patch box and better wood. If nothing has changed they are the same. I believe the company was Flintlocks Ect. or something like that and they were Pedersoli Dealers at that time.

I lost a part (please don't ask how)
I gotta, how could you possibly lose a part to your gun?? :stir:
Just kidding,Welcome to the forum :v

Picked up used .45 Cal Frontier last night for $350, at the Kittery Trading Post here in Maine. Used gun rack, but never been fired. Pretty hard to beat a deal like that. :hmm:

They are good guns for the price point. They are reliable and fairly good shooters. This will make the third that I've bought over the years.

That said, I tend to agree with Mike' comment about better guns being available for the same money. I've managed to pick up a used Danny Caywood for that price range and it too, was in excellent condition. Haven't found any Brooks guns in that price range yet... :grin:

giz

Hatfields, JP Gunstocks, etc...

There are a good deal of American made guns that fit this bill. Unfortunately...they are no longer with us. But many of these guns are making their way back towards the market. There are some amazing bargains available.

giz

I'm not calling Mike Brooks out because I'm sure he's forgotten more about muzzleloaders than I know. I will say though, that my Cabela's Blue Ridge has been well worth the money that I gave for it. I've had it for 15-18 years and perhaps the price has gone up or the quality has gone down since but I seem to recall paying $399 for it then.

I've killed more deer with that rifle than any other gun I own, modern or otherwise. It always goes off, seems to have little or no delay and it's accurate.

The only problem that I have had with it is probably mostly of my own doing. At some point I got a bit of surface rust in the bore and I've never been able to get it completely clean (one of these days I'll do it). Probably in large part because of this, it seems to foul worse than my other guns after only a few shots.

I've had TC's that I sold or traded because they didn't blow me away. I've played with friends' Lymans and don't find them to be any better than the Pedersoli. I have an RMC Accusporter that I like pretty well but I always reach for the more traditional Pedersoli between the two of them. I also have two custom guns. One of the custom rifles is too heavy to use as a go to hunting gun but the other one has become my regular deer rifle. That said, I'll keep the Pedersoli/Cabelas gun and likely continue to use it at least occasionally.

By the way, there's a Pedersoli .50 caliber for sale on Track of the Wolf for anyone who may be interested. Looks pretty clean in the pictures.

Back