• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Blunderbuss - Custom - Lot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello ALL. The painful, thinning of the Lot continues. For those who have always wanted a blunderbuss - to shoot, here's your chance. LOL My guess is there are very few like this one out there. Of all the muzzle loading guns I have had and still own, this one is the most fun to shoot. Simple, but very high quality. Specs:

GUN: European Blunderbuss

LOCK: Believe this is a Davis lock. Functions/sparks perfect. Double curl, single trigger that operates smoothly.

STOCK: Looks like American walnut (?) But I'm not good in I.D.-ing wood. Stain is very dark brown, almost black. Stock is very solid. No real handling marks, per say. Very slight stain wear on a couple corners from usage. No cracks/dents. The dark stain seems to look right on this gun. Now, here's the thing: The LOP is about 15 inches. The original customer this gun was made for must have been a BIG guy. LOL I thought about having it reduced to 14 inches, but found the 15" didn't make any real difference shooting with this type of gun. So left it alone. I'm 6'0" with a 33" sleeve, average size. It's perfectly comfortable for me.

BARREL: 11-Gauge. Thick breech about 1 1/4" for heavy loads. Round, tapered and flared to about 1 3/8". Beautifully formed barrel made by the late Ben Coogle.

WEIGHT: 8-lbs.

ACCESSORIES: 1) Custom made iron ramrod with brass trumpet tip and threads on the other end for accessories. 2) Custom made, aged sling. 3) A good supply of 11-gauge over-powder cards, pre-greased cushion wads, and over-shot cards. A good load for 7-Yards is about 80-grains of FFG and 10-"00" lead balls.

PRICE: $1,600.00 - shipped to the lower 48-States. Sorry, not interested in trades. Thanks for looking. Feel free to ask any questions.

Rick

DSC03263 (Medium).JPG
blunderbuss 001 (Medium).jpg
blunderbuss 002 (Medium).jpg
blunderbuss 003 (Medium).jpg
blunderbuss 005 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• blunderbuss 004 (Medium).jpg
    blunderbuss 004 (Medium).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
Here's a photo showing the barrel profile. And an old shot pattern I did at 7-Yards on my third try. Not bad. The construction paper was 28" tall by 22" wide. Later, I found that about 80-grains of FFG and 10 smaller .31 caliber (00) balls made a better pattern. With all that lead in the barrel you will notice a recoil. LOL I was pointing the top edge of the muzzle at the bottom edge of the paper.
DSC03264 (Medium).JPG
DSC00363 (Medium).JPG

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back