• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blunderbuss

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bamamarine

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've got a bit of a bug in my ear to build a blunderbuss. It just looks like a fun little gun. I see that TVM has the barrels. Does anyone have a stock or am I going to have to start from scratch on that?

Tenn Valley Manufacturing has ALL needed blunderbuss parts available as a kit-two barrel type choices. I have built three from Jack He does the stock by hand

you can buy this from M.V.T. for about the same price as a kit either brass or steel -
100_0879.jpg
:thumbsup:

TB what does that thing weigh ?
I've bin thankin' 'bout one too!
I'm dealing with Ray at sitting fox .(barngun and lehigh Valley smooth rifle )
nothing but good news
:thumbsup:

its light weight about 4lbs. :v ray is the man he built my fowler and did a superb job on it . :bow:

Check here for details on the blunderbuss.[url] http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/MSBB.shtml[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I have a few more questions for you all. First, what's a good source of information on what a blunderbuss really looked like or at least how it evolved. Second, the barrel I see at TVM looks very different than the finished gun that I see posted. Where can I get a barrel with a pronounced flair or do I have to put that one once I buy a barrel? Keep in mind, most of the fun for me is building these guns. I can't get to a range real easy to shoot, although what I build will be shot.

Some of the photos of originals show folding bayonets. Has anyone rigged one on a modern BB? Would seem like a good addition to any single shot martial arm, and would be a great conversation piece.

Nice picture of those blunder besses, Here our museum "THE R.O.M" has a brass barelled blunderbess with a 2" bore 39'' barell labeled as a "Calvary model"
Boggles the mind. :shocked2:

bessbattlesystem said:
Nice picture of those blunder besses, Here our museum "THE R.O.M" has a brass barelled blunderbess with a 2" bore 39'' barell labeled as a "Calvary model"
Boggles the mind. :shocked2:

Must've been the Heavy Cavalry!! :winking: :haha:

:applause:
Wow the ROm, I haven't been there in ages I will check that out
Thanks for the info...
My best regards a loyalistdawg

When you go prepare to get a little angry, the labeling of the muskets are all wrong, and they have this BEAUTIFUL wheel lock with a flint in the jaws of the dog..
They also have a very nice breechloading center lock flintlock "hall pattern maybe??"
But that blunderbess being Labeled as a calvary modle made me laugh.

I've built several blunderbuss's over the years. Here's one of the more fancy ones. I believ it has a Rayle 10 bore barrel
11de19a4.jpg
[/img]
45db3412.jpg
[/img]
6690475c.jpg
[/img]

Back