• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Information on the Culloden Blunderbuss

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben is retired, I would contact Ed Rayl, he has a few blunderbuss patterns.
Thank you for that information. I was thinking Ed Rayl had retired, too, or at least stopped taking orders. It’s good to know he is still making barrels.

In browsing around, I found that Military Heritage has a brass-barreled 18th century blunderbuss. We don’t need to get into the “India-made guns” bashing… I’m just pointing out something I found. The write-up about this gun on the Military Heritage website references the Culloden blunderbuss, although their gun is not a copy of it. They also state the brass barrel on their blunderbuss is turned from solid bar stock, although I noted it appeared to be octagon-to-round.

For what it’s worth…

Notchy Bob

Back