• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English style blunderbuss build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the shell carving, I really did not take many pictures of the stock shaping. Lots of wood removed everywhere, lock panels thinned, baluster wrist extended to about 2/3 into the stock. I left some moderate swelling around the entry pipe as this was a pretty common feature reminiscent of the Brown Bess and other military style blunderbusses. I like the looks of it.

I wanted get into the wire inlay. I only found a couple examples of busses with wire inlay and it was not as extensive as usually found on British fowlers. Here is an example of an original on Tortuga trading website. This gun has been a guide for much of my engraving, especially the trigger guard.

IMG_7494.png
IMG_7497.png
IMG_7489.png
IMG_7493.png

Back