• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bore cleaning?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallguy888

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a smoothbore T/C muzzleloader that has some rust in the barrel. I was referred to a company that I can send the muzzleloader to and they'll clean it.

The company is called Ox-Yoke in Milo, Maine. Has anyone heard of it or had any experiance with them or theyre cleaning process?

Thanks for any input.

Unless it is pitted and needs rebored, you should be able to remove the rust yourself...

Use the cleaning jag and a bit of fine steel-wool with some polishing compound on it, then followed by cleaning patched and a good oiling, inside and out...

I have certainly heard of Ox-Yoke (Originals). www.oxyoke.com The make a large line of M/L cleaning products and have been around since 1970. Recently absorbed Lehigh Lube and now produce that. They absorbed Blue & Gray products some years back, and I suspect they make Bore Butter for T/C (or the same company makes it for them and T/C).

I'd trust them is they say they can do it.

Back