• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bore light

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topbike

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I have what I believe is a CVA drop-in bore light. I have no instructions for it and it does not work. Does anyone have or know the battery size and assembly instructions? It is a brass "barrel" with a knurled knob at one end that can be turned into or out of the brass "barrel". The other end has an LED light with two stiff wires coming from it. One goes through a piece of plastic material then bends at 90 degrees across the bottom of this material, the other does not penetrate the plastic piece it is just bent over the edge of the plastic piece. Then there is a brass ring that screws down to hold the bulb assembly in. There is also a rubber "O" ring and I have no idea where that goes. If you have one maybe this will make sense to you. Any help appreciated.

Trouble is there are no batteries in it. It was included with some other items I bought on ebay.

Trust me on this one,
Don't waste your money buying batteries.
That thing will do nothing but eat the new batteries before the end of the week.
They are supossed to have a small tube that insulates the rod on the end from battery contact in the off position but it doesn't work, the battery's positive end is supposed to contact only the bulb's exposed contact and the other end grounds on the frame, even new ones don't work half the time.

Save the battery money and go to a bait shop and buy a few of those little lights they have for "Lighted Bobbers" they're cheap and actually turn on and off.

I have a couple of those. The o-ring goes in first, down near the screw thingy that turns it on. Then 2 392 watch batteries with the + side up toward the bulb.

BUT... if I were you I'd listen to necchi. Those things are junk. The only reason I have a couple of 'em is because they came in a big box of stuff I bought really cheap and I wouldn't feel right giving them away to anybody. ('cause they're junk!)

This one is about $10 at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

BoreLight1.jpg

BoreLight2.jpg

This one is about $3 at WalMart in the fishing supplies.

BoreLight3.jpg

Well, then come the entire idea of looking in a barrel with a light in the bottom.
What does a guy actually see?
"Oh, look shiny steel with rifling."
Or;
"Darn, look at that rust patch."

Bout the only thing I do with a bore light is bring it along when I buy a gun, bore condition is a big deal when it comes to value

Thanks to all who replied. Mine now works, thank you Jethro 224 but after reading all the replies and seeing the word junk multiple times I think I will explore some of the alternatives mentioned. I want something reliable to use when looking at used guns.

I recently purchased a bore light at the local Wally World. Not the drop in kind, but a flexible head LED that is bright enough to see to the patent breech of both of my carbines. I believe it was priced under 8 bucks, and it has a slick Winchester logo on it. It seems to be aluminum, and it takes a single AAA battery.

Pick up the cheapest lighted arrow nock at an archery shop.work at least as good as the one you have.They last for years if turned off when not in use.I recycle last years from the 2 arrows I use them on and buy 2 new each year.

Latest posts

Back