• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bought a Crockett Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airborne1

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've had a hard time finding a Finished Crockett in my area and those companies from outside of Michigan will not ship here, so, I found a kit and will go from there. This is my first traditional muzzleloader and first kit of any kind.

I don't understand why we in Michigan can't have black powder firearms shipped here. But, then again, I never thought I would see the day when a man, or, woman, couldn't find any .22lr to shoot!!!!

I do have some skills, and the kit appears to have minimal in-letting and finishing, so I should be okay there. I'll post my observations of the kits quality, etc. In the meantime, if anyone has any tips, suggestions, or anything else that might help, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

pay attention to the hammer, had to heat and bend mine some to get straight hit on the nipple, the trigger needed some fussing with also to get coinsistant.

I'd enjoy seeing pictures and following along with the build, if you were so inclined.

Good luck.

airborne1 - Do you mind telling us where you found a Crockett kit? I have only seen one rifle and it was not a kit.

Donfree,

I got it at Jays Sporting Goods in Clare, MI.

I had originally wanted a finished product, but, Jays has had them on order for a year now and they couldn't tell me when they would be delivered, and they had only one kit and I bought it.

Take your time, traditions kits leave allot to be desired but will certainly yield a fun shooting rifle if you have patience and take your time. The three I've done all required more work than just part a to part be... Have fun and ask questions!

Latest posts

Back