• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Boy's first deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go!

Grats to the kid! :thumbsup:

And a big pat on the back for the mentor! :hatsoff:

snagg said:
That's outstanding, simply outstanding. You deserve a big pat on the back, sharing your time like that. Good job. The smile on that young mans face says it all. I'm glad for the both of you.
Congratulations to both yous. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:

He's a happy kid still for sure. Been hard to get him to do anything else since then, all he want's to do is talk about deer hunting or ask to go deer hunting. :grin: He'll get out wih me again on youth firearms day, and with his Dad on Thanksgiving weekend (he hunts with his Dad, too, but only sees him a few weekends a month during the shool year - live a few hours apart).

Took him to a club shoot today, a friend brought a 2/3 scale, youth sized, caplock Beck for him to shoot. Little bugger outshot me. :surrender:

Yep, sure nuf sign yer gettin' old, the eyes are starting to go. Youngun's are whoopin' ya at shootin'. Yep, yer a sure nuf old fart now. :rotf: :grin: :rotf:

CONGRATS and Attaboy to both of ya!! and thanks fer sharin,both the story with us and yer knowledge and time with the kid! :hatsoff: RC

No, it was actually hit first shot with that gun. I've got it sighted and loads worked up, let him run some caps through it to get the feel of the trigger and all. My biggest worry for him is with the recoil and getting turned off from that. He's a really good shot with .22's, shotgun, heck, boy is a natural shot and has incredible eyesight. He never felt the kick when he shot at the deer 'cause of the excitement, now he wants to shoot it all he can. Not the way I'd have introduced a grown man to the gun, but sometimes I've found you gotta do things a bit different for some kids.

At the shoot I took him to on Sunday we showed him how to load that 2/3 scale Beck, he stepped up to the line and shot a 9 ring at 25 yards, open sights, first shot ever with it. The old guys were hollering RINGER after that... :grin:

Back