• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP Revolver Wall Mount Ideas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manbat

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas/pictures of how you are mounting your BP sidearms to the wall for viewing. I don't like any of the commercial products I've seen, and I want something minimal that does not take away from the gun. I'm planning to mount multiple guns and make or 3D print simple hangers, but I would appreciate any ideas or examples of how you've mounted them.

I'm looking for ideas/pictures of how you are mounting your BP sidearms to the wall for viewing. I don't like any of the commercial products I've seen, and I want something minimal that does not take away from the gun. I'm planning to mount multiple guns and make or 3D print simple hangers, but I would appreciate any ideas or examples of how you've mounted them.
image.jpg
easy peasy

I’m not so sure it’s a good idea to leave a gun cocked long term keeping the mainspring under constant stress. Just an unsolicited observation.
The Remington has no mainspring. It’s a non shooter. That’s why it’s on display

I’ve never mounted handguns but have seen them mounted on long horizontal “hooks “ that the barrels slid over. They were unobstructed by any other mounts and thus in full view.
I’ve used short horizontal “hooks” that slip into the cylinder from the front.
A bit of rubber tubing protects the gun’s finish.

I have my flintlock pistol hanging above my fireplace. The fireplace is floor to ceiling stone with cement in-between. I took a steel wire, about the thickness of a coat hanger (but stronger metal than a coat hanger) formed a "J" hook for the front and a similar one for the back. Then I just drilled a hole in the mortar slightly under the diameter of the metal wire, and shoved the wire into the mortar. The wire goes in a good 3" or so....it's not going to just come out.

The pistol has been hanging on that setup for over ten years. You can't really see the wire when you look at it.

Back